Immune Booster or additive for flavoring.
- 1 cup Elderberry dried
- 1 cup Elderberry Flower dried
- 2-3 stick Cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp Clove whole
- 2 tbsp Slippery Elm dried or powdered
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg ground
- 1/2 cup Lavendar optional
- 1/2 cup Mint optional
- Add all the herbal ingredients in a pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to just boil and then bring temp down to med/low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain well and add equal amount of honey to the liquid that is made.
- Store in glass bottle/jar once cooled and keep refridgerated.
1-2 tbsp per day, as needed for immune boost. You can also add it into teas, ice cream or other dishes for flavor. You can substitute the berries with elderberry juice, you'd just use the amount you want to make. Disclaimer: The usual whatnots about the effectiveness etc. this is a home remedy and does not replace going to the doctor for emergencies, etc. No FDA approval, yadda yadda. Keep in mind if you have allergies to any ingredients. When in doubt, ask or just don't use it :P