Shipping, Returns & Refund Policy
This section explains the general policies when shopping on this site. Cancellation information is further below. It’s a bit much, but I try to make things very clear as possible. Feel free to contact me for any questions that the FAQ or any of these terms/conditions does not seem to cover or you don’t understand.
- Shipping is currently free for orders $150+ for US residents only, shipping method used will be at my discretion, but if the buyer wishes to specify a shipping method, then the buyer is obligated to pay for that shipping. This promo is subject to change. Commissions are excluded from this and other deals/offers.
- Most physical items will be shipped within 1-3 business days and digital items will be instant or within 24 hours, unless noted otherwise.
- Please note, that shipping and processing may be delayed based on US holidays, business, personal, natural events such as weather hazards, etc. Any potential issues that may arise, buyers will be contacted of any potential issues.
Insurance & Tracking:
Once item is shipped, I will not be responsible for any loss or damages to such items along the way to you, caused by the shipping company when packaging wasn’t faulty. Most items will usually have some form of tracking included, if available, for the shipping service selected. If it is not, it is highly recommended that you get it. Some shipping services may include insurance in it’s cost, usually up to a certain amount, and may require an add-on insurance amount for items that are more costly. This applies to physical item(s) only.
Refunds On Physical Products:
The time span for refunds is within 30 days from date of purchase, depending on type of refund.
Full refund (max. time within 2 weeks):
- Item(s) have not been shipped or if already shipped, item(s) must be returned/shipped back within 10 business days after product(s) have been received, shipping cost for the return will be covered by the buyer. Items must be in the same condition that it is received or undamaged from shipping.
- If you have insurance on the product and it is lost/damage during shipping, you must report to the post office used to get the amount of cost back.
- *If the item was faulty to the point it is useless during this time-frame. In this case, you’d still be required to ship the item back.
Partial refund (max. time within 30 days):
- *Item(s) has some minor/moderate issues and you don’t wish to shipped them back. Then the only refund you’ll receive is 25-30% of cost, not including shipping, depending on the issue.
- *Item(s) has some minor/moderate issues and you wish to shipped them back. In this case refunds are only up to 40-50%, not including shipping, depending on issues.
For Repairs or Replacements:
I will cover shipping costs when returning repaired items or sending replacements to the buyer, but the shipping cost to send back to me for repairs is still covered by the buyer.
- Repairs are only offered on products that I have handmade, myself. This can include my regularly offered products and even commissioned products to some extent.
*Repair services are only valid 6 months from date of purchase.
- *For replacements, there is 30 day limit. This is an alternative to getting a refund, partial or otherwise. This is for product(s) that are in multiple stock (handmade or not) or for products that are requested to replace another that have been purchased.
For international buyers, the same required time is expected but the time for the items’ return once shipped will be much more lenient since there’s a good bit of distance (thus tracking is essential).
*This does not include mishandling, misuse, or neglect of the product(s) whether through buyer or shipping services. Proof must be provided, as well.
Commissions do not get any refunds, except under certain circumstances. This is to cover material(s), time and any other costs that may apply. Read below for further details.
I do offer commissions to be payed in sessions; upfront, modifications (which varies depending on needed changes) and completion/shipping. Should you cancel your commission in any of it’s phases, you acknowledge that you give up rights to said project and I can resell it to someone else, if I wish to, with no further obligation nor compensation to you. The only exception to this rule is if you want the project “as is” at the time you cancel. This means you do get what has been done up to that point, but I’m under no further obligation to continue or complete it. You literally get what you paid for. So keep this in mind when commissioning me.
Things to take note, in this regard:
- When cancelling a commission or when returning a commission. The buyer must give up all rights to the commissioned item/product and also agree to allow for item(s) to be resold, irregardless of original copyrighted designs/concepts. There will also be no free replacement(s)/repair(s) and I am not obligated to credit for the design or concept, as agreed with clause #16 Submissions of the Terms and Conditions.
- If you cancel before completion of a commission and have paid in sessions, you will not be refunded any money that have been paid up to that point, but you will not be charged for further services not rendered, either. Should you have paid for the commission upfront in full, then the 10-50% refund cost will apply depending on how much is done so far (unless you meet the requirements for the 100%, see next clause).
- The only way you get a full 100% refund after cancelling, is if the money was paid upfront, but no work and/or gathering of materials specifically for the commission was done yet, which is usually within the first 12-24 hours (times may vary).
- Should the commission require a rare, expensive and/or hard to get material, the cost of that material must be paid upfront and is nonrefundable. No exceptions.
Choice of shipping will be discussed either during or after the completed commission, if applicable. Commissioned services/products or made to order products will vary in delivery time depending on time, materials, availability and type of service or product.
Refunds On Digital Products – Digital downloads will receive no refunds once they are sent/instant downloaded by the buyer (due to the nature of digital products, I am not giving out freebies). At best, a store credit, certificate or coupon will be issued for purchasing products of equal value or less for other items in the shop. Otherwise, if it’s a matter of something needing a fix up or adjustment, buyers will receive an updated/patched version of the product at no extra charge. If file is corrupted, another will be sent to replace it, as well, at no cost. The only way a digital product would receive an actual refund is if it has not been emailed/sent, yet.
*Credits/Refunds are only offered under the following conditions: it cannot be fixed or replaced with appropriate versions, accidentally purchased the wrong version/format, or will not function with buyer’s operating system or program.
Be aware that items, digital or physical, that have been purchased with store credit can never receive a refund nor can be compensated with more store credit. I am also not obligated to offer replacements or repairs for them either.
This applies purely for cancellations. For order cancellations, you can notify me by email before I have dispatched the goods to you and you will be refunded, if necessary; or where items have already been dispatched to you, by returning items to me, the costs of returning goods to me shall be borne by you. You can return goods you have ordered from me within 3 days from the receiving date of the item for a refund/credit/exchange, if applicable.
MoonFaerie Studio reserves the right to cancel any order(s) and provide refunds (where applicable) under the following criteria:
1. Item(s) are out of stock, regardless, if item(s) will be restocked in the future or not. (Only exception is when items will be restocked and buyers wish to have a back-order)
2. Unable to verify necessary buyer information. This especially applies, but not limited, to buyers purchasing certain products, etc. that are not suitable for minors or if fraudulent activity is suspected.
3. Have not received payment for the order(s) within 2 weeks that the order was made.
4. Order has been canceled at the customer’s request.
5. Complications within/during the order/processing which may included, but not limited to, natural disasters, unable to obtain proper materials, or anything that may hinder the item being shipped or created for a long period of time.
6. Unable to get in contact with or get a reply from the customer about the order in question for 2 weeks (or more depending on circumstances), should problems or questions arise.